6 Ways to Errand Advertise Your Home Party Business
Some of the best ways to advertise your party plan company are through local, inexpensive methods of “errand advertising”. What is errand advertising? This is advertising you do on your own, as you carry out your daily errands. Most of it is free, or costs very little to implement.
When you are involved in direct sales, most of the time, the customer is purchasing products from you because they like you, not because they desperately need the products. There are exceptions to this, of course, but I’ve found that the friendlier and more dedicated the consultant, the higher her sales. There are many ways to advertise “you” while out and about.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Always look your best – The first, and probably most important part of Errand Advertising is to always look your best when out and about. You don’t necessarily have to dress as though you are attending a demonstration, but make sure you clothing is neat, pressed, clean, and attractive. Do your hair, put a little make up on, don’t appear as though you have just rolled out of bed or have been painting the house. A little goes a long way here. With errand advertising you are representing your business. You want strangers and future customers to believe you run a neat and tidy business, so you have to appear neat and tidy as well.
2. Personality is a plus – Whether you are talking to a burned-out grocery clerk, the woman in line behind you at the bank, or even your own children in public, personality is very important when advertising you. Having a negative or bad attitude or being cranky, unfriendly, or unapproachable will do little to further your goals. Instead, remember to smile often, make positive comments, and reprimand your children publicly in a manner that does not convey how stressed-out or frustrated you are. People are naturally attracted to positive people. When you radiate positive confidence, others instinctively want to do business with you.
3. Tote your catalogs – The most important part of errand advertising is to actually advertise that you are a consultant for a particular direct sales company. One of the most effective ways to do this is by purchasing a clear pocket tote bag. This clear pocket is built specifically to hold your catalogs. You place a catalog or brochure in the window of the tote, and use it as your purse. The totes come in a variety of sizes, or can be custom made to fit your particular needs. As you go about your errands, potential customers can see that you are a representative or a consultant for a direct sales company, and if they are interested in you and your products, the customers will approach you to ask for a catalog. While this is the exact response you are looking for, I caution you to not just give your catalogs away, but tell the customers in a cheeky way that you trade catalogs. Let them know that you will give them a catalog in exchange for their business card. If they do not have a business card, have them write their name, email, address and phone number on the back of one of your cards instead. This way they have what they want: a catalog, and you have what you want: a contact.
4. Leave your nametag on – Another way to advertise what direct sales company you are a distributor for is to casually leave your nametag on. This works especially well on those days when you are dressed as if you are giving a direct sales home party. Interested people will stop you and ask if you have any catalogs available, which, of course, you do, so long as they will trade their information for it.
5. Buttons prompt action – Simple pin-back buttons can also be a great addition to your errand advertising accessories. You can place a pin-back button next to your name tag, or attach it to your clear view tote. The button should have some sort of catchy saying on it that will entice strangers and potential customers to take action to approach you about your party plan business. Things like, “Place an order, get a gift” or “Ask me how to earn $1000? are examples of what you can do. Some consultants get very creative with their pin-back buttons. They offer discounts, mention fundraising, offer their opportunity, or even offer incentives for asking for a catalog. Keep your message short, simple, and noticeable.
6. Let your car do the talking – Probably the easiest way to advertise your home party plan business while you are running around doing errands is to purchase a vinyl decal for your vehicle. These decals are very inexpensive, and can be custom made to advertise the information you wish. First and foremost, you want your home party company name in big bold letters. After that, you can choose to include your telephone number and/or your website address. Depending on your area, and your direct sales company, you may wish to omit your telephone number for safety issues. Make sure you measure your car’s back window to see how large your decal should be, and get your letters done in white. Now everywhere you go your car will be advertising for you!
Rayven Perkins is a 7 year direct sales representative. Her site http://www.direct-sales-supplies.com offers game ideas, tips, and hard to find consultant supplies for all distributors in the party plan industry.